Thursday 18 January 2018

All Good Intentions

2018 rolled in and my enthusiasm and motivation was at a high, as high as it could be to make it my running year. The last time I made a blog post was just over a year ago and I think I was feeling quite optimistic then too.  It must be something to do with this time of year!  I had intentions of keeping my blog going, but I must have lost the enthusiasm to do so after the first post because the next time it came to my mind was when it popped up in my memories this morning. :-)   I'm going to try and keep this one going for as long as my enthusiasm lasts, which could be monthly or I could be sat here writing the same thing this time next year...

Although I've struggled to rebuild my fitness with all the set backs in the last few years, I still have running hopes and dreams and things I want to achieve. 2013 when I ran Ypres marathon, the last good attempt before all my problems began, I was still thinking if I could string together a few months of good training I could get close to 3 hours and definitely sub 3:15. Secretly, well it's not so secret to write it down and make it public...I still believe with the right amount of uninterrupted training and a bit of blubber loss I could still get close to sub 3:15 again, or is this now just a dream? Well, everyone has to dream and if it stays just a dream I'll always believe I could've got there!

The thing is I'm 54 this year and although I don't feel 54 , not that I know what it's supposed to feel like... I get nagging thoughts of you're too old to train hard now so stop thinking like a young runner, but I don't want to stop thinking like that, so I've decided to ignore that thing called age.

On that note nearly 4 weeks of the year have passed and let's just say the cold and dark of winter is testing my renewed 2018 enthusiasm and motivation already,  but I'm digging deep, with the support of my long suffering training partner husband as I have goals to meet...  The only way you'll know if I achieve those goals is to read my future blog posts, which could be monthly or as I said this time next year. See you soon... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

February fever

Not the best of running months what with gastric flu and last week's training being interrupted with a dose of flu.  I don't think I...